1.02.2008

Resolution Challenge 2008

Look over here, its yet another New Years resolution that someone is going to claim to do, but ultimately forget about.

But wait. This one has rules. And Points. And Players. ... and Money. What I like to call "teeth". And anyone can play. Yes. Anyone. So, lets get to the rules:

Step #1: Come up with a health resolution that can be charted and tracked over the year. Doug, Tow and I are doing weight. Jason is doing bench reps @ 225lbs (show off).

Step #2: Blog (your own, or email me and I post it) about this challenge once a month at minimum

Step #3: Come up with an additional thing in your life that needs to be accomplished. Break it out in some way that is trackable as well (see examples below)

Points: 2 Points for staying on your health goal per month. 1 point for blogging.

Loss of point: -1 point per month if fail at Step #3

Public Humiliation: Contestants will submit a picture taken this month of them in the mirror to be used if they fail 3 times at any of their goals.

Those in the challenge so far:

Me:

Step 1) To go from 176.4 to 162.5 by the end of 2008
Step 3) Doug challenge me to actually go out to a bar once a month and be social.

Doug:

Step 1) To go from 255 to 225 by the end of June - then maintain a weight below 230 for the rest of the year.
Step 3) I challenged Doug to finish his Kitchen redesign by the end of 2008. Pictures and a work schedule are to be submitted soon.

Tow:

Step 1) To go from 188.4 to 165 by the end of 2008
Step 3) To be decided

Jason:

Step 1) Quarter goals of 3, 5, 8 and 10 reps (3 sets) on 225 pound bench press. Each quarter will be point weighted appropriately.
Step 3) To be decided


You:

Email me to join in.


Winner gets:

Baring some begging and financial difficulty, $100 PER POINT from every person your ahead of (winner takes all). Ultimately everyone should have the same # of points at the end and none of us will owe anyone anything. If you can't do the $100 per point, manual labor, or some other form of public humiliation will ensue. We want this challenge to have teeth - not to make you poor. So if the dollar amount isn't something you'll be able to do, don't worry about it. I know I have a fence and a rock wall that need to be built.

Special Rule
Since this is my idea, and my rules: Anyone that beats me gets $100 per point - regardless if you're the winner. So, if you get 34 points, the winner gets 35, and I only get 30.. I would owe the winner $500 and you $400 (yes, you would come out $300 ahead)

I don't plan on losing though. =)


Pansy (Tow) rule: If you're unsure of your ability to do what you're hoping you can do, there is a withdrawal point of the end of January. Both Doug and I are already completely committed.

1 comment:

Tow said...

Pansy Tow rule eh? The diet isn't the hard part for me it's giving up my mountain dew. I can eat nasty bland tasteless food all day everyday but asking me to give up my soda is harsh.