1.04.2008

Terroism Wins


As you might have noticed I'm doing a countdown to the start of the WRC - 2008. Right behind the WRC in my books is the Paris to Dakar rally. Its an insane race through the Sahara - for bikes, cars, trucks and more.

Well, this years rally (starts tomorrow), has been canceled due to terrorism....

Rally Mainpage

Based on the current international political tension and the murder of four French tourists last 24th of December linked to a branch of Al-Qaeda in Islamic Maghreb, but also and mainly the direct threats launched directly against the race by terrorist organisations, no other decision but the cancellation of the sporting event could be taken by A.S.O.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

With only 2 years of Dakar watching behind me it is a shame that I won't get to track Jonah Street's progress this year. I was routing for him in 2006 and thought it would be only a matter of time for him.... Plus I like watching big trucks prove their durability.

Hmmmm. Also have to comment that the Hummer coverage was worth 15 minutes of entertainment.

Anonymous said...

routing = rooting. It was late and I have a cold.