1.22.2008

Ramblings

You know those self portraits you always see people taking - the ones where they group up with their friends and hold the camera out as far as they can hold it and snap a usually fairly awful looking picture?

Well, not every picture that is taken that way is awful - Case in point:



But as I said in one of my other points - I think that NASA photographers have a clear and distinct advantage.


I've been told that I'm fairly decent a reading people - a sensitive "bull-shit" scanner if you will. Its something I've noticed, but never really thought all that much about; I mean its neat when you're out with your friends (or on a date) to continually call them on their bull-shit - and maybe I'm really good at it because I spent so many years as a habitual liar (takes one too know one?). Well, I guess its not *all* in my head (though I didn't find this very challenging). The BBC has a test on their website. They show you a smile (only once) and you have to tell them if its fake or genuine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/surveys/smiles/index.shtml

I got 20 out of 20. The only one I wasn't sure of was the guy 6 smiles in (young with short spiked hair).

Oh, and weight loss is for the freak'n birds I tell you. I ate very reasonably over the last 3 days, and worked out very hard (at least one full, hard hour) two of the days, and I'm now currently the same weight as I was on the 7th. (170.4). I have no doubt I'll make my goals for this month, but I'm seeing February as very problematic. We shall see. I really would like to not lose a couple hundred bucks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

13/20 -- hmmm. I think I need to learn how to read people better. Maybe I just always want to think the best of people???

mb

Lisa said...

Awesome photo! I wonder if he's smiling behind that mask...hehe. =)
What an interesting test! I only got 14/20 though.

Aimless_b said...

well my recommendation would be either the zone diet or the paleo diet.
but the easiest answer is to cut processed carbohydrates out of your diet most days.
just an idea.