1.18.2008

Random Update Friday

Lots of random links, updates, and such to follow:

Sen. Rockefeller saying some very nice things about us:
http://www.sdc.wa.gov/2008/releases/Rockefeller/harrison.htm

A very intereting study about a new chemical / medicine that can reverse the symptoms of Alzheimer in minutes. Yes minutes:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080109091102.htm

On that note - a hulu link (sorry foreign readers, you're left out):



I never remember my piano recitals being this exciting (yes, I'm nerdy enough to have been at, and performed in many piano recitals. Deal):



And Lastly - my own 2008 Challenge update:

Things started out with a bang, with the shedding of nearly 10 pounds in 10 days. Since then, its been basically a wavering around the same weight without much change. All I know is my physical therapist is enjoying the ability to kick my ass way too much. Yesterday she came up with multiple god awful exercises that today have left unable to move without remembering her. Not saying I didn't deserve to get my butt kicked - just saying its not a whole lot of fun.

There have been a couple major accomplishments for me so far:
1) Since the beginning of the year, zero fast food. That's probably been the biggest and easiest change
2) Actually getting to workout a couple times a week has been eye opening to my complete lack of fitness anymore. No wonder I'm moping around half the time; tired and run down.
3) Like what is said in the fat rant: Nothing tastes as good as fit and trim feels. Of course that guy never had my mom's french toast covered in fresh rum berry sauce (or whatever nectar of the gods in there).

Anyways - Then end of Janurary and the updated 2008 numbers should be very interesting to see. As far as I know everyone is still very much on their path to success (even if it wavers from time to time - damn you Gifford and those mozzarella sticks).

No comments: