8.07.2006

Photo Monday (8/7)



Okay, I know its kind of cheating if all I do it post pictures on Monday. The problem is I was out of town from basically Thursday on. Up at the cabin finally getting the server online (I think this was supposed to be my Dad's 2004 Christmas present... Seriously), then helping a friend move in Spanaway to South hill, then finish my Grandpa's computer and getting it boxed up, then to cap the weekend both of my softball teams played double headers on Sunday (yes, that would make 4 games in 1 day; I hurt).


For all the pictures of the extended weekend, go here: Easy Click There are both pictures from the cabin, and some of my house (Textured, painted, and light fixtures in!).

Proof!:


Subject change! There's a show called Top Gear in the UK that does a number of very good car reviews, and occasionally a car challenge. I recently watch one where the host of the show attempts to drive an Audi, with a twin turbo V8, with its stock 19.6 gallon tank, 800 miles. I'm not going to tell you how it ends (I'll like the videos below, if you really want to watch), but I was inspired to see what type of gas mileage I could get in my car. I notoriously get barely 20 mpg. With the trip up to the cabin I did everything I could (following a lot of Clarkston's examples from the show), and in my STi I managed 26.4 mpg.

Now, being the numbers guy I am, I just had to figure it out. I have 30,000 miles on my car. As I said, a very modest 20mpg has been my normal average, and since I have to put premium in the car, $3 bucks a gallon is again, very modest.

All that being said, driving my car the way I have wanted to over nearly the last two years has cost me $1,090.91. Sometimes I really wish I wasn't so big into numbers.

But wait! Lets say my average trip was 20 miles. Let also say that the different driving styles the slightly more "fun" one would have got me to my location on average 3 minutes quicker. So, 1500 trips, 3 minutes each, 4500 minutes saved (75 hours). So, 75 hours, into 1090 bucks..... Is my time worth $14.54 per hour?

You bet your bacon. I'm really glad I'm big into numbers.


And as promised, 800 Mile challenge (part 1, total time ~16 mintues, very worth it imo):



Part 2:

No comments: