8.31.2006

I'm a sucker for great customer service



I believe his name is Mike. He owns / manages the sunglass hut in the mall in Olympia. For years (since I was 18 and first spent an ungodly amount of money on sunglasses) as I've lost either lost, destroyed or had my sunglasses stolen, I've gone back to Mike to buy another pair. Also, when I worked at Software Etc., right across from the Sunglass Hut, we would occasionally have some neat conversations.

Anyways, just a couple days ago I took my old Revo's to him (they are probably 3, maybe 4 years old) because a screw had popped out. Gladly, he went to work on them, without a thought of charging me a single cent. Once they were back together he noticed my frame was slightly bent and wanted to attempt to bend it back just a bit so the lens would pop out again. Unfortunately at this point, my already compromised Revo lens completely cracked in his hands.

Without missing a beat he just looked up and said, "oh well, go grab yourself a new pair". Of course, I wasn't sure if I wanted to drop another $250 on a pair a revo's minus however much he was going to give me for my old damaged ones. Though Mike had no intentions of ever charging me a cent.

So, I have to say, as I sit here enjoying my Revo's (pictured above), I am totally a sucker for great customer service, and will continue to go back to Mike.

No comments: