5.12.2006

WRC: Argentina 2006

Its so easy to forget when you're watching these 4 minute highlight reels, but these guys drive on these surfaces 218 competative miles (of course not including transitions between stages, to service, etc), and the winner did it in just about 4 hours, ~55 MPH.

Just incredible when you see some of the surfaces of Argentina.

I like how this reel shows a bit of the stadium action, and just how packed the place is. For those that don't know Rally Racing (WRC) is 2nd only to Soccer for fans.



Current Standings:
1) Loeb @ 56 Points (4 1st, and 2 2nd finishes in 6 races - he's a machine)
2) M Grönholm @ 35 Points
3) D Sordo @ 24 Points
4) P Solberg @ 18 Points (Subaru Lead Driver)

The Manufacture Race is a bit closer:

1) Citroen @ 69 Points
2) Ford @ 57 Points
3) Subaru @ 51 Points


... and the WRC Season isn't even 1/2 over yet. Come on Peter / Subaru!


On a side note: I did manage to get up enough courage to ask one of the volleyball 'hotties' out... but.. Our last game of the night went to 26 - 24, and her game ended early. =/ Next week - Seriously.... - why is this so damn hard? Meh!

(I wonder if there's a blog somewhere saying, "Man that hot guy at volleyball - I thought he was going to ask me out, but our game ended early and he was still playing - I didn't want to see desperate and stand around. Hopefully next week.")

Hey - its my fantasy world, don't ruin it for me.

No comments: