5.30.2006

Fastest 3 Day Weekend in History

Some weekends just have a tendency to run by quicker than others, though you expect the special three day weekends to at least feel like two day weekends... right?

Wrong.

Saturday started off nice enough. Nothing to do until ~noon, where as the story gets a bit more exciting. Rob, one of my long times friends, was having his bachelor's party this weekend (I think you're starting to see where this story is going). At noon, we, and 7 of his closest friends decided shooting each other with objects flying at 300 fps was a wonderful way to send off his bachelorhood (its better known as paintball). I won't go into too many details, but more of a flash of words that can describe what we did for the next 6 hours:

Center Flag Push, Friendly Fire, School bus slimly filled with paint, neck shot, face shot, multi-building town siege, 4000 paintballs+, civil war recreation.

Okay, so the last one I'll talk about. Civil War Recreation. They take both teams, line up you arms length apart on a big open field. One team on one side, the other team on the other. Everyone gets one single shot, and everyone (still alive) takes one step forward. Good stuff (specially when you're winning 8 on 1).

Now, paintball alone isn't enough to make a weekend short. Oh no. It was the after-paint party. Everyone back to Rob's house for a very untraditional bachelors' party. How untraditional? The bride (and her friends) were there too. That's about all I'll say (or that I remember). About noon the next morning the world had stopped its excessive spinning enough that I could drive home. Only that one shady memory and my outlook calendar are the pieces of proof I have that Sunday actually existed this weekend.

Monday simply consisted of me in my pajamas saying, "This is Sunday... right?"


**** Workout Update ****

--ugg--

Okay, so .. yeah. My hand is feeling better (not perfect yet, but better), and volleyball is over - so I think this means I really have crap for excuses to be not working out. Unfortunately I don't think my navy seal want-a-be program is working for me; so I'm going to just simply say, I'm going to try my damnest and actually post my stats once a week. Starting with today:

Weight: 176.5 Workout days last week: 1 Soreness Level (1-10): 3 (hehe, I thought this would be fun).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Three? Get that soreness level up, son! What fun is three???