5.16.2006

I'm broken....

So, the weekend was about as wonderful as I could imagine. Great weather, good company, good food, outstanding desert / breakfast with the mom. Though Monday came crashing in like most Monday's like to do.

As many of you know, I have been battling some inflamed tendons in my right wrist / hand. Nothing really serious; my doc figured some Ibuprofan would easily bring things back into line. For my main pain it did (wrist / thumb area).

Though the other side of my hand (still my right hand), made some decision between going to bed on Sunday and when it woke me up around 5am Monday that resulted in pain that I've only felt three other times in my life. (Broken wrist, re-broken wrist, and broken hand). I couldn't (and still can't) open my right hand all the way, nor do I have any ability to close it.

Neither my doctor or I have any idea what's going on right now, though he's upped me to 12 Ibuprofen a day and we've done some bloodwork / x-rays now. I won't know the results of those until mid-Wednesday.

Its a bit unnerving - that's for sure.

******

Side note: I found a video of the vendetta monologue. The quality is not amazing, but it does give you the vocal inflections of V.




And one last time:

Voilà ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à -vis an introduction, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.

No comments: