5.23.2006

The House that Ruth, or Sam, or Joe didn't build


Okay, so regardless of if you think Barry Bonds during any of his career did any illegal forms of performance enhancing drugs - the above statement is still true. Ruth did do it on Hotdogs and Beer. And that makes me smile.

As for the tie in to MY house... I'm please to say that they BELIEVE the paperwork is all done. Its now just a waiting game for the actual permit to arrive and they can break ground on my foundation. How ironic that the reason I started this blog in the first place was a nice easy what to disseminate information about my new house to everyone - and over the last two months I've had to find creative fillers so you all wouldn't lose interest and never come back. I think this is where I'm supposed to grab my top hat and cane and break out into some show toon. Lucky for you, I left my cane at home.

As for my hand - there really isn't much change. Things are not getting worse, though they are not getting much better. I haven't heard anything from the doctor; not real surprising knowing my doctor. Anyone in the Olympia / Tacoma are know of a really good doctor? I think I'll call HIM today. Nice to know he's looking out for me.

On an even sadder note for me, Subaru screwed the pooch on Rally D'Italia Sardegna. Finished 9th and 10th. The leader drive, Petter Solberg said:

It'’s been a hard event for me. I tried as hard as I could all weekend but the overall result is disappointing. There's not really a lot more to say. We'’re looking forward to the next event now. I like the Acropolis Rally a lot and I'll give it my best shot.

Grr... And even more frustrating Loeb, the machine, won again. That's 5 wins in a row. He's only 4 points off a perfect season (66 out of 70). We're still not even 1/2 way through the season, and 2nd place last year scored 71 points total. I know its hard for a lot of American's to understand, but what Loeb is doing is extraordinary

Oh... and me working out? .. I think I have now decided that adding a few extra pounds that I can hopefully easily remove will make me feel better about working out. .. Yeah, its like lifting yourself up while standing in a bucket. Its a great idea.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Barroids. Boh! Love that photo, though! And good luck with the permits, ground-breaking, doctor-searching, subaring, exercising, phew did I miss anything?

Bryce said...

Volleyball and 'aformentioned hotchick'...

=)