5.10.2006

Exciting time of the year...

Oh yes. Its definitately an exciting time of the year. Barry Bonds breaking Ruth's record? Oh no, this isn't the "athleticism" blog today. Not even close.

Electronic Enterntainment Expo. Better known as E3. Best known as the time of the year that gamers, nerds, and the like get little trailer snidbits of the up and coming games (and platforms). Though we only have one full day into the expo, some of the biggest news that I was looking for from this year has already been divoulged.

Playstation 3 will cost me $599 bucks. Ahhhh! (okay, so maybe I won't GET it! How about that Sony!)

Gran Turismo HD announced, and will be in 1080p (dammit, now I *have* to get a PS3)

And last, but not least - the first clip from Halo 3; in my opinion one of the best storylines of any game out there, and easily the best of any first person shooter. I personally love the announcment on Bungie's website:

Read no further if you want to avoid spoilers.

Nobody saw it coming. Halo 3! Who knew? For the last year or two, people have speculated about what our next project was and surprisingly, in all that time, not a single person guessed that it would be Halo 3. Not one.

We declare it the best kept secret ever.

Seriously though, it's been a chore biting our tongues on this one. Call it a combination of studio secrecy, corporate secrecy, Bill Gates already announcing it four times and, you know, whatever

There is just something about this game. Jeramiah and I concluded that the music of Halo now sits right up there with any of 'blood pumping' music we could name. I think its a combination of not only being great music, but being tied to such a compelling storyline that we "feel" we have been a part of.

Yes, sadly, this is where Nerd and Athleticism cross. Halo music on our workout Mp3 players.

On that note, eating healthly is the same as working out right? Because if that's true, I'm doing a damn good job. Otherwise, I've been slacking and haven't been in the gym in nearly 2 weeks. Though I haven't been in McDonalds in 2 weeks either. Fair trade? No? Damn you all - fine, I'll get to the gym

Oh, without further adu: Halo 3

No comments: