6.30.2008

Kreb vs. Calvin

Bonus points for the first to comment on where I am going with that title (those I have personally told are exempt from playing - sorry).

So, weekend before last, I started the wicked project of taking back my yard. For too long I had mowed the grass (infrequently) and ignored the ever growing, ever expand "extra" green that was around all my grass. True, the lot next to me (community area) hadn't been developed yet, so it was mainly weeds as well - though that is not a valid excuse.

Round one was simple enough, the little area near my front porch. Forrest was on hand to see the battle start



I even had 3+ foot "ninja" (hiding) dandelions. I was impressed, but I was not to be bested:



Haha! Round 1 - to ME!



Unfortunately, Round 2, nature kicked back with with persistent vengeance.



It even attempted to take my dog captive!



BUT NO.. I win again.. Silly plants.



..

..
Of course I'm convinced that the hot weather this last weekend was payback - to which I had no recourse but sweat in agony. Round 3... Nature. =(

1 comment:

Jo said...

Bryce = 1
House = 0

You win this week, bk!!!

I have no clue about the title...