2.01.2008

Resolution Challenge 2008 - Month 2

Okay, so here we go:

Kristy - 3 Points

She went to the gym 12 times and you can see her blogs, her business plan (second objective in the challenge), sticking to her cleanse, and obviously, blogging about it have all been met. I have a feeling like we're going to owe her a lot of cash.

Here's a snippet from her blog:

Workouts: Check
Marketting Plan in the works: Check
Blog about it: Check
Money bryce is going to owe me at the end of the year: Cheque


Cheque? pfft.. Canadians talk funny.

For February: Continue with the marketing plan, gym visits (12), and blogging

James - 3 (weak) Points

Well, I say weak because he wasn't too sure was evening going to stick this out; you might remember the Pansy Tow rule. Since he was waving he didn't have a second objective to do this month - though we have agreed on a secondary objective. He is going to plan out at least 4 trips this year per trimester. Yes, I know that boils out to 1 trip per month (which sounds a bit less odd), but trying to find a day in January or February that isn't down-pouring rain is sometimes a challenge in itself.

As for the weight loss - he kicked everyones' ass: 188.4 down to 174.2 He just has to lose at least 1 pound in February to keep to his goal.

For the blog - he didn't want to set one up, so I said he could just email it to me and I would post it. Officially I received it in January, so it counts. See the end of this post for his blog.

For February: Lose at least 1 pound, do a photo trip and post some photos online, "blog" about it


ME! - 3 Points

My secondary challenge was to head out and socialize, which I did with Melissa, Jason and Hayley at Chopstix. I believe Hayley has some interesting video of that night and some random brunette hitting on me. Fun times.

Obviously I've blogged once or twice in January (or 16 times) and for weight I've gone from 176.4 down to 166.4. February is going to be a BITCH of a month to keep this going; the latter half of January slowed down to a near stop for weight loss.

For February: Lose at least 1 pound, Head out to a bar, and blog about it. (Man, I feel like I'm getting off easy.... shh, don't tell my competitors)

Doug - 0 points

He'll admit it. Failed Miserably. He was working harder than he's had to work over the last couple years - but as he put it "that's what I'm telling myself, but that's not an acceptable excuse"

His "kitchen" goal - which is on quarters is obviously due by the end of march, could net him 3 points - so he's still hasn't lost that one completely -- though he is now at 256 pounds, and we've allowed him to revise the weight to 225 "by the end of the year".

January wasn't ever his favorite month, I have to say even less so now.

For February: Lose at least 3 pounds, Get a blog up and blog about this crap at least once, and come up with a plan to finish the kitchen.


*************************************************************

The James Blog.

Starting weight 188.6 (aka fat)

Current weight 174.2 (aka fluffy)


Originally started out as a extreme diet that my girlfriend dictated. That only lasted a week, I almost had a breakdown from a lack of sugar in my diet. The first week I lost 4 lbs. and I struck a deal with her that if I did not continue to lose weight the second week with a small amount of Mountain Dew in my diet that I would continue to cut it out completely. Week 2 I allowed myself 12 oz a day for 6 days and I still lost 3 lbs. I’m still losing a pound per week and I was told that it slows down after the first week or two. I’m fine with a pound a week, that gives me 9 more weeks to reach my ideal weight and then start on maintenance.



I don’t consider this a diet. I’m looking at it as I’m not 21 years old anymore so 2 or 3 liters of Mountain Dew a day and 3 Hot pockets for dinner won’t work. I’m getting older and if I want people to stop asking me when I’m due; I need to make some changes.



Last thing, I’ll end on a positive note. Sunday morning someone actually said, “Wow James, you’re looking slim. You must have lost some weight”. And it felt good.



~James

1 comment:

Aimless_b said...

My congrats to all involved. keep it up. or off which ever.