9.21.2008

Sunday - September 21st

First one of my attempts at a "weekly" Sunday post. We'll see how long I can keep this up. Thank you for everyone that filled out both communication profiles for me. Its made me realize when they said the MBA program is a collaborative effort with not only your classmates, but your family and friends - they were not just talking about married people, and their kids. I'm sure this will not be the last time I call for your collective input. Thank you in advance.

Some of you might have noticed a little "Twitter" thing off to the right side of the blog. Its my attempt to make sure if you don't hear from my for 6 days, you know I'm not dead. I can update that part of the website from my iPhone (with Twitterific), including pictures and google map links to location. Each update takes easily less than 30 seconds, which is something I hope to be able to continue through my MBA process.

6 days from now, I have a 35 minute presentation on Web 2.0 and business communication. Luckily its with 4 other people, so its not nearly as daunting as it sounds. For me, I've always thought I had a pretty good understanding of Web 2.0, but trying to explain it to someone that doesn't, and in a way that seems meaningful has proven to be a bit of a challenge.

Then I came upon a video from a professor from the Kansas State University. Leave it to a cultural anthropologist to really bring you into the difference and the RESPONSIBILITY of web 2.0. This is one of the better videos I've seen on youtube, ever.



I know I promised the 'full TV' episode list for this week, but so many shows are not in full swing yet, it is hard to make the link complete enough and/or useful enough to warrant posting it yet. There will be one.

A couple random pictures from the week that made me smile:



No comments: