7.15.2006

Its been a long week



Well, I apologize for those that actually swing by here on more than a weekly basis for your dose of señor Kerker. Its been a bit of a crazy week; I made theperilouss cross into the realm of 26 years old without a problem.

My Spanish cd's finally arrived on Tuesday (happy birthday to me?). So far I'm through 3 lessons, and I have to say, its tough, but going pretty well. I really like the opening scenario the lessons take you through. You start by trying to start a conversation with another lady (¿perdón entiende inglés?). Of course she doesn't understand english (no, no señor. No entiende inglés).

We're progessing from there, but I have high hopes for CD 52 (the last lesson). I also got a couple extra books to learn some extra spanish words, unfortunately I keep calling myself a girl from america (Norteamericana). So until I figure out that I'm a man (Norteamericano), I think I'll leave those books closed.

My birthday went very nicely. Dinner at the olive garden (thank you 'rents), gift card to home depot (thank you miah & amy), starbucks gift card (thank you angie and tow), flowers and ballon (thank you Amber & Katrina), a very nice ladder (thank you 'rents, again), a check from grandpa (woot), and a surprise barbeque on Friday - setup by Miah and Amy. Its been a good week.

Well, then there was the framewalk for my house on Friday. You know, that house that's taken forever to get past the red tape, the 4 different start dates, and who knows how many finish dates I'll get? Well I show up on Friday, and my real estate agent is covered for the Quandrant staff because they are at a company wide meeting, honoring Salishan (my neighborhood) for how smooth, quick and flawless everything has been going. Yes, company including all the general contractors. You see where this is going.

So there was no one there to actually do the frame walk with me (besides the trusty parents, who managed to help catch some key issues).

Things could have gone worse, that's for sure. I have a rescheduled house walk for Monday at 3pm - so we'll see if the issues that we found on Friday are easily resolved. Maybe if I work it right they'll be really sorry about missing my appointment they'll give me something for free =) I like free.


...and lastly. A competition. Which dog could figure their way out of a box. First up, my croommateroomate Neia. She fawn pug that has been known to forget to breath.




VS.

Mona. Who has been known to walk off docks and sick like a... well.. a dog that doesn't know how to swim.

3 comments:

Jo said...

I am so glad that your birthday went well.

Too bad noone was really there for your frame walk... FREE is good and hopefully, they will be able to accomodate you with something since you have to take time out of your busy schedule to go out there again, since THEY missed the appt. I am so happy to see the pics and the progress that has been done. Because, like you said before, they have moved the start dates before so who knows how many "complete" dates you will have. lol

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»