7.21.2006

The definitive guild on getting a hold of Bryce

Okay, I've been told from time to time that I'm hard to get a hold of. In fact, I've received voicemails to the like of, "Bryce, please call me so I know you're not hurt or dead. Thanks, Mom".

During the week, sending an email to my work account is one of the best ways to get me to read something. Now, notice I didn't say reply. If you email me, "Hey I just got a new puppy! Whoo hoo!". I might just think, wow that's cool, it'll be fun when I get to see it next. You might not get any reply at all.

Now, if you email me, "Hey my new puppy is showing signs of aggression, what should I do about that?". I can promise you'll get a reply within 10 minutes.

Okay. So, step 1) Email Bryce

Step 1a) Call Bryce

So, you don't want to email me. Call my cell phone. Yeah, I know what you're thinking. I've done that Bryce. You don't answer your cell phone. >.< Okay, you've got me there. I'm a busy guy, and usually I'm doing something. I love you all to death, but I'm grown addicted to voice mail. Also, depending on what your voicemail says, you might fall into the grounds explained above and get neglected.

Now that we've figured out if you email me, or call me, its probable that I might just listen to your message and not return your call (or email); what do you do?

Be vague. I'm more apt to answer if you just leave a message, "Hey, Bryce. I really need to talk to you soon. Please call me.", than I am if you leave me a detailed message about a party that I don't really want to go to anyways.

Some of my friends have also found out, if you call my cell phone a 2nd time, I'll answer. Yes, I do understand that is a bit lame.

..and the last fail-safe methods.

Text messaging on my cell phone or call my work line during work hours.

I think the more unique attempts I've seen is calling whatever friend I'm room'n with and having them pass their phone to me. Dash cunning of you, but unfortunately (for you, not me), I'll be living alone shortly.

..and somehow posting a blog comment manages to grab my attention too. =) (shameless plug)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Heh. I suddenly feel less so much less guilty about never answering my cell phone (or I should probably say, for never remembering to turn it on).


I'll be sure to leave a cryptic message next time I need to get in touch. In fact, I'll leave a cryptic message in Spanish so you can practice.

Jo said...

So, I am not the only one?? Or this is directed at me for harassing you? hehehe If I leave you messages in Japanese, will you be more inclined to call me back because you don't understand? lol

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»