7.31.2008

Oyi, the end of the month

So the cruise ruined me, on a couple different levels. Last night I was having a nice dinner out in Seattle, and the waiter didn't put the napkin in my lap and/or stand a couple feet from the table all night. Not only did the cruise have wonderful food, you got so used to the level of service that nice(r) restaurants around the area seem to pail a bit.

Also, I haven't been able to lose the "cruise weight". Oh, its painful. I have less than 24hr to remove 1 more pound, or I'm out a point for this month. This morning I was in at 163.2..but as you can tell from the previous paragraph, last night was filled with a couple beers at Chopstix (getting in my bar requirement) and followed up by dinner out. I had made the mistake of trying to cut into my weight that morning, so by the time I was tempted with beer and good food, I was way to hungry for my willpower to keep trucking.

Anyways as of lunch today I'm still sipping the morning coffee, and hopeful I can walk / run / bike off some water weight tonight. Yes Mom, I know this isn't the healthiest of options; I don't plan on doing it again.

For those that missed it - Top Gear has blown through their 6 episodes for season 11 back to back (I believe they go on a break now). Very funny and beautiful episodes. If you're a torrent fan, they can be found here, though, as always, the legality of getting a BBC show not offered in the USA is slightly gray, at best.

Only a little over a month until I start my MBA work at the University of Washington; I'm not sure if I'm excited or anxious - or both.

Lastly, for those that made it out for the birthday bash before the cruise - thank you. Was really a great time. Also, if anyone is heading to Apex Karting in Olympia, let me know. I'm trying to work on my lap times (I knew I shouldn't have ever started Karting).

I'm already down 1.3 seconds from my first run around the track with Angie in late June. My scores can be found here. Only 107 thousands until I'm into 29 second lap times. Who hoo.

***

EDIT: Well I overshot my goal, and after a breakfast and a lunch consisting of a soy latte; and a dinner out with Alex & Jenny @ TGI Fridays where I managed to eat just 1/2 a plate of pasta, my July weight was 160.8 - a nice chunk below my 162.5 that I needed. I should skip breakfast and lunch more often (kidding, Mom).

1 comment:

Jo said...

Congrats on hitting your weight, B!

It was good seeing you twice last week!!!