11.08.2006

Its a good month to be a nerd.

Now, you'd think after a lot of my postings of political wrong-doings, left wing tongue and check videos, etc; that I would be gladly posting about the glorious change over in D.C.

Honestly, I don't care all that much. I just enjoy the humor of the system.

There was an expected end to an era this election though. After 43 years, Dan Rather was going to miss reporting on an election. I say expected, because John Stewart and Steven Colbert had a special "expert" on their 1 hour combined special "Midterm Midtacular"; Mr. Rather. Leaving his streak at 44 years unbroken.

What I'm more excited about is how great this month has turned out to be a nerd. Ninento's Wii and Sony's Playstation 3 are due out this month. I'm not actually planning on getting either, but hey, I like the eye candy. On top of that the Xbox 360 finally has what people deem a "killer app" (this basically means a game SO good that you're willing to dish out the $399 for the xbox AND $59.99 for the game, just to play the game).

Lucky for me I already have a xbox 360. Unlucky for me I don't have said game (Gears of War). Well, either way, its still good to be a nerd; I'm just a nerd on a budget (note the lack of THAT word in the title).. /sigh/ But it does look that good. Nearly every review site has the game either perfect (100/100 at 1up) or near perfect. I'll let you know more when I find 60 bucks.

Here's two shots from the game (one outdoor, one a cave level). Yes its a "shooter" game, but also (supposedly) combines in a lot of "Think and Sneak".

Outdoor
Cave

Of course, even with all these great new games and systems, if you ask nearly any of my friends "how's THE game?", its World of Warcraft you're talking about; and I've managed to get lucky enough to get into the testing group for the NEW part of THE game.

Exciting times to be a nerd. Good thing I'm a nerd.

No comments: