1.17.2009

Saturday 2009 - Edition 2




Been a bit crazy this week as my MBA classes are getting into full swing and we are in the process of training a new secretary at work. Not as bad as it normally would be as I have plenty of work experience with Ashlee (~8 years at the Energy Program together).

It is also looking much more definite that I will have roommates in about a month (Doug and Avery). Should be a very interesting and vitalizing transition. I know Forrest is looking forward to having more laps to sit on and a cat to bother. I am realizing that using my two spare bedrooms as dumping grounds for random boxes and other items for the last two years is now a decision that is going to bit me in the ass. Clean Up! Isle 2... and 3. >.<




I was hoping to have round 2 of the December photos (Christmas) up this weekend, but its going to have to wait until Edition 3 at least...maybe longer. Do I smell a Christmas in July edition? Who knows.

Onto this weeks fun (and frightening) links. I actually don't have any of Master Pilot and owner of huge balls of steal Chesley Sullenberger (The US Air / Hudson River). Could he have been any more qualified? You know Airlines should charge premium for flights by guys like him. I'd pay.


On the note of flying crashes, I bring you - Shit happens fast:



Two notes: 1) There was sufficient evidence that the helicopter was sabotaged (dirt in the gas tank). 2) No, dumbass - don't get out of the crashed and probably burning wreckage.


Laugh time - a bunch of elevator pranks. I've seen a couple of these, but not all. What a riot of a good time:




I do not think this qualifies as a "slow controlled burn". Dad? Scott? Mind weighing in.




The coolest guy in science right now (in my opinion) talking about a very large asteroid that has at least a decent chance of hitting the earth. Interesting to hear about, and he's kind of funny for a genius:



Lastly and least seriously. Nice to see that brilliant people in the world still know exactly what people need on the iPhone.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Do you want some help with the clean up??? I am more than willing to help out there!!! :-p