1.10.2009

Saturday 2009 - Edition 1

A new year, and back to the grind I go; mainly school. I have Marketing & Finance classes to tackle this quarter. Going to have some interesting deliverable to work through I fear. For the blog, I am going to yet again attempt to have some random updates, chat, links and other things every Saturday. We'll see how long I can keep it up. I'm still working through all my pictures from the break I took in December. The first round is from my week in Vancouver.









****** Some links from over the last week:******

***
Bank of England rate to its lowest in history (1.5%). Think about that again. IN
ITS HISTORY. That's over 315 years; founded in 1694. That is the power of the derivatives' market. Doesn't seem like such a surprise anymore that Warren Buffet called these thing Financial Weapons of Mass Destruction. .. IN 2003. Yes. 2003. And you wonder why those of us in business think Buffet is an absolute genius.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7817453.stm
***

***
How to become your own web sherpa; Learn google's tricks(7minutes):


***

***
A 20 minute speech from Mike Rowe - both entertaining and insightful. He somehow manages to talk about having a pair of testicles on his chin, in a very insightful way.

http://fora.tv/2008/12/12/Mike_Rowe_on_Discovery_Realization_and_Lamb_Castration
***

***
If there is another website I'd say to checkout everyday, its the photos over at the Boston globe.

Everything is more badass (deadly) in Australia ... even Christmas:

A man dressed as a Krampus, traditionally the companion of St. Nicholas who might dole out punishment to bad children. One of Austria's unique Advent traditions, this man is seen as a part of a Krampus procession in the city of Unken, Austria on Friday, Dec. 5, 2008. (AP Photo/Kerstin Joensson)

***

No comments: