5.29.2008

Every great man should be able to:

I'll get to the blog title in just a little bit. Some updates first on the Resolution Challenge. Its been an interesting couple of months for just about everyone involved. Tow missed last month's weigh-in, and the real concept of this challenge set it. If it wasn't for the fact that all of us are eager to continue to collect his hard earned cash, I know he would have stopped (probably around 175 lbs). You always hear goals and resolutions work better in groups - nice to see this is actually working. As far as I've heard, he's on track for this month and will most likely be switching from weight loss to healthy maintenance. Its really nice to see everyone being a little bit healthier.

Its even rubbing on of those that are not in the challenge. I'm sure come 2009, we're going to have more than the 4 of us in the challenge, which I'm really excited about.

As for me, I've been flirting with my final goal (160) for a couple months now, and its just been insanely tough to finish off. I've now been sub 160 3 times, yet haven't been able to hold it. The lack of being able to really push some good exercise due to my hip is really making finishing this off a bit tougher than I would like it to be. For now, I get to look at less than 1 pound (160.4 this morning) and figure out how I want lose it.... mmm... laxatives. (kidding mom)



As for the other part of my challenge - went to Gameworks - not really sure if that qualifies as a "bar", but its close enough in my book. Wasn't nearly as exciting as I thought it would be. Was kind of like a Chucky Cheese - but without the ball pit. And come on, the ball pit is the best. Ultimately it was fun, but not really something I'll find myself doing often.

For the title of the post, I ran across this link and initially baulked at some of the items on it. I still do; but I have to say, it is a good life goal list to start from.


Some of my favorites:

1. Give advice that matters in one sentence.
5. Name a book that matters
18. Speak a foreign language
65-67. Throw a baseball over-hand with some snap. Throw a football with a tight spiral. Shoot a 12-foot jump shot reliably.

http://www.esquire.com/features/essential-skills-0508?src=rss

Oh yeah - Forrest got a much needed haircut:

(outside Petsmart) - Forrest, "Seriously Dad, I'm fine. I don't need a haircut"

No comments: