8.04.2007

Really? Seriously?...

If you didn't see this, its totally worth a watch. A skater at the X-Games falls around 40-50 feet.... and walks away from it. In all rights, he basically falls out of a 4 story building, and within a couple minutes walks off. (slow motion at the end of the video)


La Times:
"My wrist is pretty sore and my back and neck feel like I've been through a car accident," he said Saturday morning during a phone interview. "I guess I've got a fracture in one of my vertebras, but it's pretty minor supposedly, so I came out all right."

Brown, 32, is fortunate to be alive after crash landing from more than 45 feet during Thursday night's skateboarding big air competition.

He also sustained bruises to his liver and lung, and a mild concussion. The liver injury is what's keeping him under watch at California Hospital Medical Center in downtown Los Angeles.

"I'm going to check out today," said the Carlsbad athlete, whose wrist injury is a small bone fracture. "I'm just waiting on an X-ray, and they want to make sure my liver's not still bleeding. I just want to get out of here, dude."

No comments: