8.31.2007

CoB: Friday

Well, one official week as an assistant executive director, and its definitely been a "welcome to a whole new world" type of a week.

So far I've personally worked with Highline Community Hospital (120 million), Northwest Kidney Center (12 million), Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (5.2 million), Seattle Cancer Care Alliance House (24 million), and Virginia Mason Medical Center (300+ million).

As you can see they are throwing me into the fire, and seeing if I burn. Ha. Actually it has been a very kind and fun week; though this weekend is going to be spent reading around 400 pages of Virginia Mason paperwork for a meeting this coming Tuesday in Seattle. Unluckily for me, since a good portion of these deals have been in the works a for a while, the amount of catchup reading is a bit intense.

It is looking like the first project I'll get to see from open to close will be either the Fred Hutch or the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance House - depending on board approval. I have to say, there was a bit of a pucker factor signing off a document about their application to the CFO of Fred Hutch. Somehow this all doesn't feel 100% real just yet. Quite exciting.


Anyways - Check out my next new car:



Yeah, I know. A Chevy? Well - we'll see if everything they say pans out, or if someone else beats them to market, but I've been waiting for a car like this for a real long time. Chevy is calling it an EV (Electric Vehicle) with a "Range Extender".

Basically, its just a hybrid (you fill it up with gas), that can go 40+ miles before it engine kicks on. For your daily commutes, you can actually go without using a drop a gas all week long (just plug it in when you get home). That, with the added effect that is actually doesn't look half bad, is a combination I'll give a go.

Of course trying to actually express interest in a car that a dealership can't make money off of in the next couple months is a difficult processes. I swung by Bruce Titus in Tacoma - hoping they'd have an interest list I could put my name on, and one of the sales guys didn't know about the car; the other guy did, but said "We aren't going to be starting a list until we have one in. Just keep stopping by and see if we know anymore"..... that doesn't make much sense to me, but whatever. I'll go find a dealership that will actually work for me, and my thousands of dollars.

No new Daily Show / Colbert Report video links this week, as Steven and Jon are both on vacation for a couple weeks. =( They couldn't have timed it better for me though; no reason for me to stay up late. Nothing like a good 8+ hours of sleep to make sure researching the difference between a 365 and a 30 / 360 amortization schedule doesn't put you to sleep. Ha.


Lastly, as promised the links to UFC 74 did die below.... so... round two! This is only the 2nd part (88 minutes) which has both good fights. MUCH better quality (as just about everything Stage6 is)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your new experience. I am glad for you! Hope it continues to go great.

Anonymous said...

Bryce, email me from whatever address you are using now (I only had your work one, but I dont think that will work anymore). I want more info on this car. Are there estimates as to how much it will be? Jason and I missed you last Friday, if you want to get together before he leaves (Sept 28th) give us a call.