6.02.2006

[Exhale] ... pajama pants

I'm trying to be a good roommate. I clean up the kitchen as much as I can, I vacuum perodically - etc. Formost, I do my best to try to stay out of the way as much as possible; including doing laundry when its available only.

Bad thing for me, Jeramiah and Amy have a tendency to do laundry in lunar periods, not days. So attempting to sneak in a load here and there is, frankly, impossible.

Well over a week ago I needed to do some laundry. I have over the last couple months been purchasing the first thing I run out of in an attempt to last longer (underwear, then socks, and you will soon see... pants). Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do laundry a week ago. Or 5 days ago, or 3 days ago. ... you're starting to see the problem.

So, yesterday rolls around. My pants I had worn the last three days could now stand on their own, so I didn't think it was wise for me to continue to wear them. I glanced into my closest; and met trouble. Well not so much trouble as that one pair of pants that still look fine so you don't throw them out, but there's a reason they are the last pants on the rack.

I now, because of my lackluster workout practice of the last couple months, buy 34 inch waist pants. (34 / 32). These pants I set my eyes on to make me through the days are 31 inch waist. Not really thinking much about it at the time (I hadn't had my coffee yet), I throw them on (okay okay, struggle like a fat lady getting into an old wedding dress). It didn't really occur to me until about 8:30 sitting at my desk as the thought of pulling the old fart move of undoing the top button so I could work AND breath was it time for me to take some action about doing laundry.

I made through the day and home just fine (except for a half of dozen people knowing what religion I grew up that didn't want to know), and managed to [exhale] into some pajama pants (elastic FOR THE WIN) and do some laundry.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Elastic is good. I'm thinking I would have had the top button undone by 8:01. You're a trooper!

Bryce said...

Only way you'd have the top button undone is if one of your dogs ate it.

;-)

Unknown said...

(which is always a possibility)

Anonymous said...

crossfit.com