6.18.2007

Mountain Trials - 2007

Well after driving a bunch this weekend, I'm now back from helping run the Mountain Trials up in Merritt, BC. What an amazing time. From the great people I met (Paul, Leigh-Ann, Diana, and more) to the great views and cars - there was little chance I was going to have a bad time.

For a good portion of Saturday I was the guy standing in front of the rally cars, counting them down to send them on stage (Nicola). A great rush, and a hectic pace (1 rally car every minute). From checking in and signing their time car, informing them of any offs other competitors had (or cows in the road), sending them off, and reporting them offically on stage - there were plenty of items to keep me busy.

Obviously I didn't get to take many pictures of Nicola - though I was lucky enough to get stuck with a radio control point and operator (Diana, consumer of mass quanitites of beef jerky). So while there I was able to take a lot more photos. Diana had the hard work of keeping track of what order the cars were supposed to be passing us and radioing back to net control if someone was missing. I, honestly, didn't really have anything of any importance to do (just had to drive her sorry but around). All I remember is her whining about it raining and not able to bring her bike up or something. It was a great way to end the day though. Cars, pictures and a low level of responsibility. Good thing when we were both loopy tired.

The pictures from Helena stage are here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Apisatrox/MountainTrialRally2007

No comments: