12.10.2009

Oh Fox...

As I've progressed through the MBA program, I've tried to extend my information inflows and listen to as many sides of a news story as possible. It's always been hard for me to sum up why Fox News rubs me the wrong way, but this little clip nails two of them.

First, they don't notice - or at least reference (even when going over the numbers) that their numbers are obviously flawed.

Second, Fox News has this nasty little habit of forcing their women anchors into a pigeon hole of looks and intelligence. I find this far more offensive than the creative direction Fox takes with their news dialog. Watch, and see what I mean:



Yes, I know - The Daily Show - a comedy show, but I still think they got it right.

Also, something The Daily Show didn't mention as Fox getting horribly wrong in this exchange. The leaked emails referenced were in the end of November (NY Times) and the screwed up Rasmussen Poll was conducted December 1st and 2nd. So the numbers were POST anti.

1 comment:

Amy M. said...

Too funny! I laughed out loud! Thank you for starting my Friday with some humor